MENU

Oh Snow You Didn’t

Peyton Congiusti

Mason Sheckler ‘19 was 8 years old when she sadly found out Santa was not the white-bearded cookies and milk lover she had grown to know. “I was 8 and my sister was 11 when we decided to hide a video camera on our coffee table in the living room behind a picture frame. We were both so excited we thought we were going to catch Santa in the act. We woke up really early to watch the video. We were both horrified to see our own mother and father putting presents under the tree that were written from “Santa”. We went to wake our parents right away and show them the video and they both were so sad we had caught them. My sister and I were really sad too and wished we hadn’t set up the video camera. Needless to say that Christmas wasn’t a very merry one.”

Natalie Mraz ‘19 was 9 years old when she realized Santa was a hoax. “I was 9 and I thought sneaking on my mom while she was wrapping my Christmas presents would be a clever idea.. Sadly I couldn’t concentrate on what the presents she had gotten me were because all I could think about was the fact that she was signing all the gifts with from “Santa!” I couldn’t believe it. I was so shocked. I never told her what I had seen that day and I just went along with it till a couple years later when my mom finally told me.”